India has 18% of the world’s population but 32% of the global burden of respiratory diseases. Respiratory disease burden in India is second only to that of ischaemic heart disease, Chronic respiratory diseases were responsible for 10.9% of the total deaths in India, out of which pollution was the biggest contributor followed by smoking.
That’s why it’s important to seek the immediate attention of doctors or healthcare professionals in case you feel something is affecting your breathing. This can be done easily through Amazing Care Clinic’s robust online consultation platform that lets you consult with renowned doctors through video call, from the safety and comfort of your home. With the AmazingCareAssist© app, the doctor can even constantly keep track of your symptoms, monitor your condition and advise you accordingly.
What are the common lung diseases?
Some of the common lung problems that you need to look out for are-
- Asthma, a disease that inflames and narrows your airways and makes it hard to breathe.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a group of lung diseases that includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Cystic fibrosis, a disease caused by changes in your genes that makes sticky mucus build up in your lungs.
- Interstitial lung disease, a group of conditions that scar and stiffen your lungs
- Lung cancer, a type of cancer that starts in the lungs.
- Obstructive sleep apnea, which causes repeated pauses in your breathing while you sleep.
- Pulmonary hypertension, or high blood pressure in the arteries of your lungs
- Tuberculosis, a bacterial infection of the lungs
- Pneumonia, an infection that makes the air sacs (alveoli) in your lungs inflamed and filled with pus.
When should you consult a Pulmonologist?
A pulmonologist is a doctor who diagnoses and treats diseases of the respiratory system, the lungs and other organs that help you breathe. If you’re having any unusual symptoms as listed below, you should consult with a pulmonologist-
- Have difficulty breathing
- Have a persistent cough
- Regularly cough up blood or mucus
- Have unexplained weight loss
- Have trouble exercising due to breathing problems
You can even consult a pulmonologist to show diagnostic reports and clarify any doubts regarding your respiratory health, for follow-up appointments or even for a second opinion.
How to book a video consultation?
To book a video consultation with our Pulmonologist you need to first go to the website www.amazingcareclinic.com or download the DocPulse app. This app is available for both Apple and Android phones. Once you have done that the process is as follows-
Select a Doctor
You will be provided with a list of accomplished doctors to choose from. In this case, you can select a doctor consulting specifically for Covid-19.
Book Video Consultation
You will be taken to a page where you can see the schedule of the particular doctor and the free sessions available. Depending on your convenience, select a time slot for the appointment.
Enter Patient Details
You will be shown a form to fill up. Please fill the form with accurate information about the patient so that the doctor has complete clarity before starting the session.
Once you have a consultation with the doctor, the doctor will advise what would be the best next steps for you to take to alleviate your concerns. Visit www.amazingcareclinic.com for more information.