Medicines can cure some ailments, but you need good and dedicated Doctors to help in healing the patients. So when you suddenly fall sick and you don’t know what to do, how do you find a good doctor? More importantly, what makes a good doctor?
What makes a good doctor?
All the doctors undergo the similar kind of rigorous training and testing to graduate & become a doctor. But finding a good doctor for yourself is like making a good friend, not everyone you meet would become your good friend. So, here are some of the qualities that you can check to see if he/she is good for you –
- A good doctor treats you with respect, listens to your opinions and concerns and is a good communicator.
- A good doctor is honest and provides accurate information and explains things in a way that you understand, to make sure you know all your options and are capable to decide what’s the best course of action for you.
- Good doctors tend to have positive effect on their patients resulting in a better experience and better outcomes. Did they make you feel special?
- Good doctors often make you feel like, you are their own family member! If you felt this way, then they are the doctors you must stick on and trust
- Doctors need to be fully committed to helping cure their patients. Do they go the extra mile to make sure you get the appointments with the right specialists?
How to find a good doctor?
Now that you know what makes a good doctor, how do you find a good doctor? There is a long and tedious way and a short and convenient method. Here’s the long and tedious way. You need to consider these 3 factors to find a good doctor-
General or Specific?
There are two types of doctors depending on their expertise, General Practitioners & Specialists. A General Practitioner (GP) is a medical doctor who treats acute and chronic illnesses and provides preventive care and health education to patients. A Specialist is someone who has completed advanced education and training in a specific field of medicine. If you’re confused as to what your specific condition is, then it is best to go to a GP who will assess you and recommend you to an appropriate specialist.
Access to the Doctor
Once you make a list of all the doctors around you it is important to know how to reach the doctor. Some doctors need a prior appointment either online or by phone. Some doctors are only available hospitals, some have only walk-in registration in their clinics, and some are available only through references. Does the doctor speak the language you’re comfortable in? How long will it take to get an appointment? You need to consider all these factors and narrow down the list of doctors that you can visit.
Checking the details of the Doctor
Once you have made a list of viable doctors you can visit, you need to check their credibility. If the doctor is part of a hospital or clinic you can go to its website and see the doctor’s qualifications. Or you can search for their name in the Indian Medical Councils Register.
Asking the One Right Question to your Doctor
When you are in doubt ask this one simple question to your doctor, especially when there are lot of options in treatment and you are asked to choose one- “doctor if this was you or your parent or your child, would you recommend the same treatment?”
if the answer is yes and comes from the heart you’re with the right doctor
This is the tedious method. The short and convenient method is to book a video consultation on the Amazing Care Clinic website, or the mobile app. Amazing Care Clinic has built a robust platform that has truly made a difference. They have rigorously vetted the doctors and have only curetted list of doctors on the platform, so you needn’t worry about their credibility or the quality of their care. Just visit www.amazingcareclinic.com
to consult with doctors seamlessly right from the comfort of your home.